The HSBC Group is committed to five core business principles:
- outstanding customer service;
- effective and efficient operations;
- strong capital and liquidity;
- prudent lending policy;
- strict expense discipline.
Our business principles are supported by loyal and committed employees who make lasting customer relationships and international teamwork easier to achieve.
HSBC also operates according to certain key business values:
- the highest personal standards of integrity at all levels;
- commitment to truth and fair dealing;
- hands-on management at all levels;
- commitment to quality and competence;
- a minimum of bureaucracy;
- fast decisions and implementation;
- putting the team’s interests ahead of the individual's;
- the appropriate delegation of authority with accountability;
- fair and objective employer;
- a diverse team underpinned by a meritocratic approach to recruitment/selection/promotion;
- a commitment to complying with the spirit and letter of all laws and regulations wherever we conduct our business;
- the exercise of corporate social responsibility through detailed assessments of lending proposals and investments
- the promotion of good environmental practice and sustainable development
- commitment to the welfare and development of each local community.
HSBC’s reputation is founded on adherence to these principles and values. All actions taken by a member of the HSBC Group or staff member on behalf of a Group company should conform with the principles and values.